Rideau Canal Pedestrian Bridge Photos

2006-09-02

About this blog and use of photos

Note: this blog is now archived. I have stopped posting photos of the Corktown Footbridge. For more recent photos of Centretown, check out my newer blog, Images of Centretown.

Hi, everyone!

I've been taking photos of the Rideau Canal Pedestrian Bridge, under construction.

If you want to view the City of Ottawa's detailed design photos and other documents related to the bridge they are available on the City of Ottawa website on this page.

On March 24, as I was going over the Laurier bridge, I noticed that they had finally started getting some things crossing over the canal! I was so excited! So I took some more photos, and wanted to post them online!

Finally, today (April 1--that's no joke!) I started putting them online. Anything with a date prior to April 1, 2006 was actually posted on April 1, but taken on the day noted. There was also a major update on September 2, 2006, and entries posted on that day are labelled at the end of the post.

Please keep in mind that these photos are copyrighted by me. That means that you can view them online for free, download with donation, or re-use with written permission only. If you are going to use them in a publication, you require my approval. Please e-mail me (centretown dot ottawa at gmail dotcom) or submit a comment.

If you like I can burn you a CD of all photos (some are not on here, and it can be annoying to go through every...single...one). You can donate by paypal (button below), or you e-mail me and we can meet up...maybe near the bridge!

The tags that say (NE looking SE) do not mean necessarily that I was looking south-east. Think of it like a billiards table with eight pockets (N, NE, E, SE, S, SW, W, NW). The tags are generally saying, "I was at this pocket looking towards the other pocket".

Happy cycling!

Charles Akben-Marchand


Originally posted 2006-04-01. Rewritten 2006-09-02

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home